Command-Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync Empty Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync

Post  1005 Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 am

I use the MP-7 to control AU-instruments and create sequences of midi data into Logic. However, for some reason i haven't been able to get Logic and the MP7 to sync, it would seem like Logic doesn't send out the play or stop messages .. "external start/stop" is on in the MP7. i'm using an swissonic usb 1x1 midi port , a macbook pro and duet as my soundcard..

Back to top Go down

Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync Empty Re: Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync

Post  twitch Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I can try and help you

twitch

Back to top Go down

Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync Empty Re: Problem with Logic 8 and MP-7 midi sync

Post  1005 Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi there, i didn't really.. here's a little update what i've been up to(copied from another site):

I got my MV-8000 to control Logic (created an enviroment for MV8000) (using only midi out from MV to Logic's Midi In) so, that when i press play in MV, the Logic will start it's sequence also. This way i have been able to record midi sequences from MV to Logic, alltho for some reason logic jitters everytime the loop starts over (any reason for this?).

Before this, i was trying to control Logic with my MP-7 command station, but for some reason Logic did not understand any syncing posibilites. i could record the midi data into Logic, but not in sync.

Then, i connected my MP-7 to MV ( i like MP-7's pads better) via MP-7's Midi out into MV's Midi in. Now, i could control both MV and Logic's AU's on MP-7 (but not in sync).
I happened to notice that MV-8000's Midi device id was 17. Ok, i thought i'd switch MP-7 into 17 also.. and Logic started to play when i pressed play on MP-7! This seemed great so i took the MV out of the equation, and tried again. NOTHING. When MV is in between, the sync seems to work (except for jitter?) , but when i try to control the Logic with MP-7, sync just doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post  twitch Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 am

I have the exact same setup.. I use Cakewalk SOnar 8.5, XL-7 CS (Maxxed out roms) and MV8000...

I do agree with the CS, that I can not control Sonar as well, but I can do it.. I find tht the MV controls the CS and Sonar is the best. I have no jitter when it loops..
Here are my MV settings:
Of course hit the song setup button-> Sync Mode (MASTER)/ Midi Clock output (Midi A&B Both are ON)

And That's it..That should work... What's your interface?

twitch

Back to top Go down

Post  1005 Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 am

i was using the setting as remote slave, might be it.
i'd still like to use the MP-7 ans the centerpoint of all, thoi. that way i don't need MV into anything. does your CS start playing the loops when you press play in sonar?

Back to top Go down

Post  1005 Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 am

ze pröblem still persists. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  twitch Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:59 am

1005 wrote:ze pröblem still persists. Sad

What is your settings? I dont have this problem.. Once again plese tell me your new settings

twitch

Back to top Go down

Post  1005 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 am

lol, i've actually updated into logic 9 studio but haven't been too keen on fighting with the sync problem.

Basically, i can't figure out how to set logic midi so, that when i press play on logic, mp7 would start playing it's sequences also.

other way around would be fine too (if i press play on mp7, logic would start to play too).

logic does receive the midi data sent from mp7, so that's not the issue... guess is should create somekind of an enviroment for mp7?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum