Command-Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP-7 and sequencing a VSTI

2 posters

Go down

MP-7 and sequencing a VSTI Empty MP-7 and sequencing a VSTI

Post  Solace Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 am

I am trying to sequence battery with the mp7 and i have midi chan's setup with local control off so just battery is triggered. The sounds trigger but nothing is recorded or played back? Any help on this would be great as the sound rom board is dead and i was hoping to salvage it as a midi sequencer.

-Ty
Solace
Solace
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/solacerodgers

Back to top Go down

MP-7 and sequencing a VSTI Empty Re: MP-7 and sequencing a VSTI

Post  twitch Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 pm

This was probably the hardest thing, However I posted this in the NI forum also (currently working on a vid also) I have Battery 3 and I have it synced up to my command station. There are two ways, first setup a sequence on your CS and then import it as a midi sequence into your DAW, then you can setup battery to it and just re-arrange somethings. Or you can select a 4x4 grid in Battery and click on the learn button to match each pad on the CS(or just change the notes on the CS to match batterys'), okay then you may have notice you only have 13 pads on the CS, so use your transpose to move up one octave and then set another 13 cells to your pads, and etc.. I might have a template so far that I can send to you, I might need to modify somethings give me till Sunday. Are you trying to record your sequence onto the CS or inside your DAW and using battery as a sound module? I guess what I'm saying is who's sound you want to use? Battery's or the Command Station?

twitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Solace Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm

As of right now i am not working inside a DAW but just using battery as standalone and trying to use the kits i made in battery as the source of sound with the mp7 using only midi. i am trying to assign pads and make a template i can load with battery and the mp7 when i want to use this setup as well. I will eventually track the sounds in battery out into Samplitude but i know how to do that.
Solace
Solace
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/solacerodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum