Command-Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and Salutations

Go down

Greetings and Salutations Empty Greetings and Salutations

Post  mibrilane Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Greetings, folks. I'm a long-time Command Station user, now on my tenth (!!!) Command Station, which will probably be a keeper. There's something about the Command Station models that keeps me coming back to them - the power of the sequencer, the quick adjustments of the knobs, the easy routing of MIDI into and out of the unit. I've used several of the Roland MC series (MC-303, MC-505, MC-808), the newer Korg Electribes (EMX, ESX), and the Akai MPC-1000 during the past few years and none of them quite match the Command Station in my mind. It's a shame E-mu stopped making hardware, they were so darn good at it.

My current Command Station is an XL-7 with the Proteus Pop Collection ROM added. I've got it hooked up to the following hardware instruments:

Roland JP-8080
Yamaha AN1x
Yamaha TG33

I've been mostly "inside the box" in recent years on my Mac systems (Power Mac G5, and now a 2007 iMac Aluminum 24") but it's nice to have a good hardware sequencer as the hub of the hardware gear. Sometimes it's good to just turn the computer off and have machines making music.

Anyway, that's me. I hope there's some interesting discussion on here - it's nice to have a board dedicated to this awesome line on instrument/sequencers!

mibrilane

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum